Get free weekly activities sent to your inbox. Sign up now.
Learn about dolphins.
Communicate like dolphins.
Make bubbles like dolphins.
Play with bubbles!
- Enjoy watching bubbles move and savor the sight as the colors swirl on their surfaces. Which bubbles are the biggest? smallest?
- Listen for the tiny "pop" sounds.
- Feel the juice on your hand and the delicate skin of each bubble.
- Add a cup or spoon to the mix and try scooping bubbles, transferring them from one container to another, or spreading them out over a cookie sheet or other flat surface.
- Use a whisk or spoon to stir the soapy water and notice together how the mixture changes.
- Use a straw to blow into the bubbly water. Invite younger kids to practice blowing out in the air first (like dolphins blow air out their blowhole) before using their straw in the bubbly water.
- Take a bunch of bubbles in your hands and clap to make it snow!
- Make your own bubble wands by making a circle out of a pipe cleaner and twisting it onto the end of a stick. Use the wand to make and catch bubbles.
- Make giant bubbles and “swim” through them like dolphins.
Add a puppet!
Why is this activity great for kids?
Try a Free Class
- Two class formats: try a free In-Person session (where and when available) or try Tinkergarten Anywhere, our on-demand product available anytime.
- In either format, a certified Tinkergarten Leader will teach a Tinkergarten lesson and inspire your kids to play.
- Sample the additional activities and resources families get each week to keep kids learning outside at home.
Become or Recommend a Leader
- Help us bring Tinkergarten to your community.
- Recommend people you think would make great Tinkergarten Leaders.
- Maybe that’s you!
- Earn a $100 gift card to Amazon if your nominee becomes a Leader!