Tinkergarten is a fast-growing social impact company founded by education and tech industry vets that offers high quality outdoor classes where kids learn through play. We're a small but powerful team on a mission to improve the lives of kids and their families. Are you ready to join us? Check out our current opportunities:
Be the one to bring Tinkergarten to your community! If you care deeply about early childhood learning, getting kids outdoors, and have a talent for both child and adult facilitating adult learning, listen up. Tinkergarten is a fast growing, social impact company founded by education and tech industry vets, that is redefining early childhood education. We offer high quality outdoor classes where kids learn through play. Our platform enables talented people nationwide to become a leader (teacher), run classes in parks, and deliver high quality learning to families in their local community. We're a small but powerful team on a mission to improve the lives of kids and their families, and adding new Leaders each week.
The Tinkergarten Leader is the one who brings our mission-driven, healthy and educational service to their local community by facilitating child-directed, outdoor, play-based learning classes.
We need you to:
- Successfully complete our immersive, live online new leader training course, and work with our team for ongoing coaching and support to improve your practice.
- Set your own schedule, location, and frequency of classes.
- Tinkergarten leaders who are also parents can bring their own kid(s) to class, so you can develop the quality of your own with kids while you help others do the same. What you’ve got:
- You are an energetic, motivated person who loves working with children and adults.
- You share a passion for the outdoors, and want flexible and meaningful work.
- You are open to learning new things, and eager to share your learning with others.
- You are connecting person, able to motivate, connect and communicate with people of all ages.
- You are flexible and embrace the joyful and ever changing nature of an outdoor classroom.
Learn more or apply to become a leader.
If you care deeply about education, technology, and nature and are a strong leader of people and instruction, read on. Tinkergarten® is an ambitious social venture with roots in Brooklyn NY, headquarters in Western MA and a footprint in all 50 states. Founded by education and tech industry vets, and backed by some of the most influential education and social impact investors, we’re on a mission to ensure all kids are ready to learn, ready to thrive, and ready for anything. We’re enabling a growing, technology-enabled network of Leaders to help families everywhere learn together in a natural space in their community for classes where kids 0-8 learn through play.
If you are an instructional leader with passion for play based learning, experience developing instruction for adult learners, and the capacity to lead a team of talented coaches and trainers, we want to talk to you. As our Head of Leader Learning, you’ll be responsible for developing, assessing and continually improving the instruction and learning supports for our team of Leaders. You will deepen their engagement and build their capacity to drive program outcomes for parents and children. In addition to instructional design, you will develop and manage both the use of technology and the team of people required to support the learning of our ever growing team of Leaders.
- Help to measure the efficacy of the Tinkergarten program. Use data from multiple sources to drive Leader learning priorities and content for Leader instruction.
- Measure the efficacy of our Leader learning instruction so that we better understand how our instruction supports Leader capacity, how that varies among segments of Leaders and how best to improve outcomes across segments of Leaders.
- Develop an instructional design loop that enables us to target the greatest areas of opportunity in Leader Learning, develop effective instruction in those areas, assess the impact of that instruction and refine that instruction for maximum impact.
- Manage a team of Trainers to effectively develop and deliver high quality, inspiring, training programs.
- Manage a team of coaches—Mentor Leaders—to help Leaders become even more effective in all aspects of their role.
- Help to ensure that learning at all levels of the organization is inclusive of families from all communities and cultures.
- Continue to inform the development of all parent education content, supporting the engagement and learning of parents and caregivers in our community.
Who will thrive in this job:
- You are highly skilled and experienced in instructional design with high capacity to support learners at growing professionally and doing purposeful work.
- You are an inspiring leader and effective people manager who supports the growth of educators as they continue to learn and provide high quality learning for others.
- You enjoy creating excellent online learning environments and experiences.
- You are passionate about play based learning at all ages of life.
- You feel genuine alignment with our vision, mission and core values.
- You want to make a huge impact during your time on the planet.
Experience and requirements:
- 5+ years in instructional design.
- 5+ years directly managing educators in formal or informal settings.
- Deep understanding of early childhood development (ages 0-8) and supporting parents at building their capacity as the primary educators in their children’s lives.
- Utilize technology tools and platforms to drive learning, community, and communication.
- Entrepreneurial spirit and high capacity for creative problem solving.
- Open and collaborative working style and an unending desire to learn and grow as a person and a member of a team.
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, and is able to communicate in the voice of our company.
- Capable of managing a team either while in person or while remote.
Tinkergarten is a distributed team, with members of the team based at the HQ in Northampton MA and several other locations. We’re open to hiring the right candidate in any location, with preference for people based in New York, Boston or locations which support frequent access to our office in Northampton, MA. We welcome all to apply, because we believe that diverse teams are stronger teams. If you think you might be a good fit for this role, please send your resume to support@tinkergarten-dot-com with the subject “Application: Leader Learning Manager.”
We're seeking a driven individual who wants to break into a startup, and loves helping people and solving problems, to provide warm, efficient, and effective support to Tinkergarten leaders and families. This is a great opportunity if you care deeply and genuinely about supporting a fast growing, dynamic operation and helping to make a people-centered organization successful. We welcome all to apply, because we believe that diverse teams are stronger teams.
- Respond to and resolve phone calls and emails from customers, quickly and effectively
- Increase customer satisfaction and build loyalty through providing amazing, personal customer support.
- Manage service requests from leaders, supporting the team responsible for classes.
- Escalate critical support issues to the appropriate internal channel
- Use internal and third-party software to process customer requests and help our leaders post and manage their class listings
- Craft documentation, suggest improved processes, and collaborate with the rest of the team to be as helpful as possible to our customers and leaders.
Who will thrive in this job:
- You like making things easier for customers and co-workers, and are energized by interacting with and helping people
- You love learning about new ways of doing things
- You’re a positive person and know how to look on the bright side
- You’re comfortable with a little uncertainty. We move fast and sometimes decisions are made without all of the information.
Experience and requirements:
- 2-3+ years in a customer service position (bonus for online support experience)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about helping others
- Comfortable with common online applications (google suite etc.) and able to quickly learn new ones
- Persistent and detail-oriented; will search until the proper answer is found
- Spanish speaking a plus, but not required
This is a full time role, and can be based in our downtown Northampton, MA office, or remote. Our ideal schedule for this role is Tues-Sat, with a possibility for Sun-Thurs schedule. Ability to work some evenings and weekends is a plus.
If you think you might be a good fit for this role, please send your resume to support@tinkergarten-dot-com with the subject “Application: Support Specialist” AND fill out the short questionnaire here: https://tinkergarten.typeform.com/to/h1xGes
If you are tech-savvy, highly organized, and an exceptional communicator, we'd love to talk to you. Tinkergarten is a fast growing, social impact company founded by education and tech industry vets, that is redefining early childhood education. We offer high quality outdoor classes where kids learn through play. Our platform enables talented people anywhere to become a leader, run classes in parks nationwide, and deliver high quality learning to families in their local community. We're a small but powerful team on a mission to improve the lives of kids and their families, and we're hiring interns to help us. You'll help to solve customer and leader issues to provide a delightful experience for families, and assist with the administrative and logistical tasks that enable our classes to run smoothly.
- Work on a variety of projects across departments, including Marketing, Technology, Operations, Learning and Development, Leader and Customer Support.
- Assist with data entry, editing, and other administrative tasks.
- Assist with shipping curriculum materials to our leaders around the country.
- Answer inquiries by phone and email from customer families as well as our team of leaders.
Nuts and bolts:
Paid internship - excellent hourly rate
You can dedicate a minimum of 10-20 hrs/week during the summer.
This role is based in our Northampton, MA headquarters. If this role excites you, please send details on your background and a note about why you are interested in the role to support@tinkergarten-dot-com.