Tinkergarten is a fast-growing social impact company founded by education and tech industry vets that offers high quality outdoor classes where kids learn through play. We're a small but powerful team on a mission to improve the lives of kids and their families. Are you ready to join us? Check out our current opportunities:
Be the one to bring Tinkergarten to your community! If you care deeply about early childhood learning, getting kids outdoors, and have a talent for both child and adult facilitating adult learning, listen up. Tinkergarten is a fast growing, social impact company founded by education and tech industry vets, that is redefining early childhood education. We offer high quality outdoor classes where kids learn through play. Our platform enables talented people nationwide to become a leader (teacher), run classes in parks, and deliver high quality learning to families in their local community. We're a small but powerful team on a mission to improve the lives of kids and their families, and adding new Leaders each week.
The Tinkergarten Leader is the one who brings our mission-driven, healthy and educational service to their local community by facilitating child-directed, outdoor, play-based learning classes.
We need you to:
Successfully complete our immersive, live online new leader training course, and work with our team for ongoing coaching and support to improve your practice.Set your own schedule, location, and frequency of classes.Tinkergarten leaders who are also parents can bring their own kid(s) to class, so you can develop the quality of your own with kids while you help others do the same.
What you’ve got:You are an energetic, motivated person who loves working with kidsYou share a passion for the outdoors, and want flexible and meaningful workYou are open to learning new things, and eager to share your learning with othersYou are connecting person, able to clearly communicate with both parents and kidsYou are flexible and can manage the logistics of an outdoor classroom
Learn more or apply to become a leader.
Head of Leader and Customer Support
If you care deeply about education, technology, and nature, listen up. Tinkergarten® is an ambitious social venture with roots in Brooklyn NY and western MA, founded by education and tech industry vets, and backed by some of the most influential education and social impact investors in the world. We’re on a mission to ensure all kids are ready to learn, ready to thrive, and ready for anything. We’re growing a technology-enabled network of leaders that bring families everywhere together in a natural space in their community for classes where kids 0-8 learn through play.
If you are an operational leader who can scale both team and culture to provide warm, efficient, and effective support to Tinkergarten leaders and families, we want to talk to you. As our Head of Customer and Leader Support, you’ll manage a high bandwidth operation of collaboration and communication between a core team of support representatives and 2 main clients: our parent customers and our 1700+ and growing team of leaders who facilitate their classes.
This core role at Tinkergarten will guarantee you a chance to:
- Be challenged—You'll work directly with the founders and a small, mighty central team to build systems, processes, policies and communications that help deliver exceptional consumer experiences to families everywhere.
- Be right at the center—You’ll be the point person for this critical operation that touches all aspects of what we do—service both online and on-ground, learning, technology and marketing.
- Make significant impact—Your work will ensure more families spend time learning together outdoors, and that our next generation of children can lead happy, healthy, productive lives.
- Hire, manage, coach, scale, support and develop a team of talented support representatives to respond and resolve a broad range of leader and customer inquiries and requests.
- Surface trends in customer and leader feedback in order to establish policies, processes and product features that proactively address needs of our growing and diverse set of customers and leaders.
- Track, measure and optimize the operation to resolve emails and phone calls from customers and leaders quickly and effectively.
- Develop, test and track core metrics to increase customer satisfaction and build loyalty through providing amazing personal customer and leader support.
- Nurture a sense of community and core values among your team, existing leaders, and parent customers.
- Manage, use and improve internal and third-party software platforms to handle customer and leader requests.
- Work closely with our software development team to help define new functionality for our internal systems to help your team work more efficiently and effectively.
- Craft external facing help pages, knowledge bases and FAQs, as well as internal-facing documentation to inform and train teammates.
Partner with other central team managers to ensure your operation is working in concert with other teams.
The ideal candidate:
- Has 5+ years managing and scaling a customer service or account management team.
- Has a passion for both problem solving and helping others. You like making things easier and are energized by interacting with and helping people.
- Is comfortable with a little uncertainty and in situations where things are continually evolving. We move fast, make decisions with the best information available at the time, and learn from our mistakes to quickly correct and continuously improve.
- Is exceptionally organized and can keep many trains running on the tracks all at once.
- Has exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills, and is able to communicate in the voice of our company.
- Is adept at implementing and adapting CRM and other technology solutions.
- Is capable of managing a team either while in person or while remote.
- Is excited to work hard, make significant contributions, and is open to learning and improving.
- Wants to make a huge impact during your time on the planet.
Tinkergarten is a distributed team, with members of the team based at the HQ in Northampton MA and several other locations. We’re open to hiring the right candidate in any location, with preference for people based in New York, Boston or locations which support frequent access to our office in Northampton, MA. We welcome all to apply, because we believe that diverse teams are stronger teams. If you think you might be a good fit for this role, please send your resume to support@tinkergarten-dot-com with the subject “Application: Customer and Leader Support Manager.”
We're seeking a driven individual who wants to break into a startup, and loves helping people and solving problems, to provide warm, efficient, and effective support to Tinkergarten leaders and families. This is a great opportunity if you care deeply and genuinely about supporting a fast growing, dynamic operation and helping to make a people-centered organization successful. We welcome all to apply, because we believe that diverse teams are stronger teams.
- Respond to and resolve phone calls and emails from customers, quickly and effectively
- Increase customer satisfaction and build loyalty through providing amazing, personal customer support.
- Manage service requests from leaders, supporting the team responsible for classes.
- Escalate critical support issues to the appropriate internal channel
- Use internal and third-party software to process customer requests and help our leaders post and manage their class listings
- Craft documentation, suggest improved processes, and collaborate with the rest of the team to be as helpful as possible to our customers and leaders.
Who will thrive in this job:
- You like making things easier for customers and co-workers, and are energized by interacting with and helping people
- You love learning about new ways of doing things
- You’re a positive person and know how to look on the bright side
- You’re comfortable with a little uncertainty. We move fast and sometimes decisions are made without all of the information.
Experience and requirements:
- 2-3+ years in a customer service position (bonus for online support experience)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Passionate about helping others
- Comfortable with common online applications (google suite etc.) and able to quickly learn new ones
- Persistent and detail-oriented; will search until the proper answer is found
- Spanish speaking a plus, but not required
This is a full time role, and can be based in our downtown Northampton, MA office, or remote. Our ideal schedule for this role is Tues-Sat, with a possibility for Sun-Thurs schedule. Ability to work some evenings and weekends is a plus.
If you think you might be a good fit for this role, please send your resume to support@tinkergarten-dot-com with the subject “Application: Support Specialist” AND fill out the short questionnaire here: https://tinkergarten.typeform.com/to/h1xGes